Murray Library Hostel Terms and Conditions
1. Rates: All transactions with the Hostel are in Pounds Sterling. No booking fees are charged for bookings made directly with the Hostel. All rates quoted are inclusive of VAT and are subject to availability and alteration.
2. Card Security Guarantee: All bookings made require a valid credit/debit card for authorization as a security guarantee against room damage or failure to arrive on the day of the booking. In the event of the provided card expiring before the date of arrival, we would require an additional card that will be valid on the date of arrival.
3. If the customer fails to provide more than 48h prior to the arrival day, the amount for the first night will be non-refundable, unless booked anon-refundable rate which will be fully pre-paid, and no cancellations are allowed.
4. Booking Details: The items included in your Hostel stay accommodation (and non- accommodation) are indicated on your confirmation booking statement/invoice/email. Guests should check this confirmation on receipt and contact reception if they notice any problems with their booking.
5. Prices Guarantee: Prices are set annually and may vary at different times throughout the year, dependent on local market conditions. Prices currently in force can be found at www.murraylibraryhostel.com or by contacting the reception. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time, without notice. The price paid is the price enforce at the time of booking. We will fully guarantee the price of your Hostel stay on your confirmation booking statement/invoice.
6. Murray Library Hostel: The primary purpose of The Murray Library is to provide temporary tourist accommodation for people during their travels in Scotland.
They are not intended or designed to be used as permanent or semi-permanent resident accommodation and should not be considered such. Therefore, the normal maximum duration for any single Hostel stay is 30 days.
7. Room Classification: All accommodation provided is classified as either Mixed Dorms, Female only Dorms, Private Double/Twin Rooms or Private Family Rooms.
Mixed Dorms: Mixed dorms may have male and female guests sharing the room.
Female Dorms: Female Dorms will be strictly occupied by female guests only; occupants of female dorms are requested to not allow any male friends or other male guest entry into this type of room.
Private Double/Twin Rooms: This type of room may have a double bed or two single beds. Any guests booking a Private double/twin room will be required to pay for all the beds in the room and will have exclusive use of this room for their own private use.
Private Family Rooms: This type of room will normally have 4 beds provided by way one double bed or two single beds and one bunk bed. Any guest booking this type of room will be required to pay for all 4 beds during the period of their stay
8. Customer Identification: We require valid photo identification upon check-in, suitable forms of id: A Valid Passport or National I.D card are acceptable forms of identification.
9. Check-In: All Rooms are normally available at 4:00 pm on the day of arrival; however, guests arriving earlier are welcome to drop off any luggage, which can be safely stored free of charge.
10. Room key: Hostel Guests will receive a room key. These keys must be returned to reception when checking out.
11. Front door key: Hostel Guests will receive a front door key. These keys must be returned to reception when checking out.
- Checking Out: Check-Out time is 10.00am. Guests are required to remove all their belongings from their room Guests must on check out, return to reception all keys. Any check outs after 10:00 am on the day of departure will result in an additional night stay being charged to the customer based on the current rack rate of the dorm bed or private room beds (2) for the day(s) in question.
- Bed Linen: Bed linen is provided free of charge to all guests. Towels are provided at a £2.00 charge to dormitory guests but are provided free of charge to Private Double/Twin Room guests. Towels are not provided in Double/Twin rooms for groups.
- Late Arrival: If a guest thinks they may be arriving after 10.00pm, they are requested to contact the hostel to inform us of this.
1. Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by an adult (over 18) who is staying in the same room. Guests under the age of 18 years of age must stay in a private room with a responsible adult they cannot share in a general dormitory room with persons that are not part of their own group or family.
2. No animals are allowed on the Hostel premises, exceptions to this rule are for guide dogs accompanying blind or partially blind guests.
3. The balance owing for all nights booked will be due in full upon arrival, either by debit/credit card or cash, except for group bookings which are required to be paid in full at least 1 month prior to arrival and non-refundable bookings, which are charged up-front.
4. If your booking is being paid for with a third-party credit card we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder.
5. We offer no credit facilities. All payments must be paid in full upon arrival.
6. We accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Solo, Maestro, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit. We do not accept Laser Cards or American Express (AMEX).
7. If any payment under these terms and conditions are not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking; and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided to you by us. We will, however, inform you in writing prior to any such action.
1. Guests are asked to use the lockers provided in all dormitory accommodation and secure them with a padlock, should a guest not have a padlock, one can be purchased from reception.
2. Guests are asked to refrain from jamming bedroom doors open as this may constitute a security risk and to their property and to that of other guests sharing the room.
3. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are always secure.
4. Guests are required to look after any of their property while in their possession in any parts of the hostel.
5. Insurance & Personal Property: It is your responsibility to ensure your personal effects, as the hostel cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
6. Guests will be expected to reimburse the hostel for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
1. Parking: There is no parking facilities provided by the Hostel, but nearby on-street parking is available for customer vehicles. A member of staff will be happy to direct the guest to the parking location.
3. Self-Catering: The Murray Library Hostel provide a kitchen and dining area for the free use of hostel guests to prepare their own meals.
4. Lounge: This area is provided for the sole use of the hostel guests.
5. Luggage Storage: Checked out guests may make use of the secure luggage storage facilities. Luggage cannot be stored overnight. Arrangement for storing any luggage for an extended period can be organised. Any guests arriving early may deposit their luggage in the luggage store. This service is free for any early arrivals. The Hostel takes no responsibility for loss to any Customers belongings because of using this facility. All guests should ensure they have adequate insurance to cover themselves for any losses or thefts.
6. Showers: Hot showers are provided free of charge to all the hostel guests.
GUEST BEHAVIOUR/CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Entry Refusal: The comfort, safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our team, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, team members or residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund. The Murray Library Hostel Management reserve the right to refuse entry of any guests at point of check in, that in their opinion, by allowing to stay would compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, team members or residents. This decision being at the sole discretion of the General Manager or Duty Manager of the Hostel in question. The Murray Library Hostel reserves the right to refuse entry to the main hostel building and any annexe building forming part of the hostel at any time.
2. Respect: Guests are expected to respect other guests, the staff members, residents, and property.
3. Fire Regulations: Guests are required to familiarise themselves and comply with all fire regulations and evacuation procedures at the property where they are staying. Any malicious activation of fire alarms or misuse of fire equipment including tampering will result in a £100.00 penalty being incurred.
4. Smoking: The Murray Library Hostel operates a no smoking policy throughout the premises. This is in line with legislative changes in Scotland which dictates a ban on smoking in public places, effective from 26 March 2006. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of £100.00 to cover the cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition. Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. The smoking area is located on the outside of the hostel.
5 i. Alcohol: Under Section 68 of the 1976 Licensing (Scotland) Act, it is an offence for any person under 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol or consume alcohol. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited in and around The Murray Library Hostel at any time. If the Hostel Manager/staff member suspects that a person is in possession of illegal drugs, he or she will contact the local police. Guests found to be contravening the above policies may be requested to leave the Hostel without refund.
5 ii. Consumption of alcohol not purchased in the Hostel is only permitted in the self- catering kitchen and lounge area at the discretion of the Hostel manager. Guests are requested to consider the collective needs and comfort of others in the Hostel.
6. Hazardous Items: The use of candles and camping stoves within the Hostel is always strictly prohibited.
The use of barbecues and the lighting of fires in and around the Hostel grounds are strictly prohibited
7. Security: The Murray Library Hostel and associated facilities are for the express and sole use of the hostel guests. In the interest of security, guests are requested to refrain from bringing general members of the public (who do not have a booking with the Hostel) into the hostel or into the accommodation provided.
8. Code of Conduct: Guests are required to give due consideration to the collective needs of others in the Hostel, to take due care of the facilities provided and to respect the shared environment. In the interest of maintaining community relations, we expect all clients to refrain from any activity likely to antagonise the local community or bring The Murray Library Hostel into disrepute. Any guest displaying unacceptable behaviour will be asked to leave the Hostel without refund. Guests are requested to consider other guests and be quiet within the corridors and Rooms of the Hostel after 10 pm, anybody making excessive noise after this time, creating a nuisance to other guests, team members or residents or behaving in an unacceptable manner either inside the hostel or in the immediate area outside the hostel will be asked to vacate the hostel. No refund will be given because of the departure of the guest from the hostel in this instance.
1. Group Bookings: A Booking for 8 persons or over is classified as a group booking and is subject to additional terms and conditions. Bookings of this type cannot be booked over the web using our online booking system. Please send a request to email@example.com providing as much information as you can and we will be back in touch within 1 working day to let you know if we have availability for the days and number of beds you have requested and we will provide you with any additional terms and conditions that may be pertinent to your group booking.
2. Payment: For a group booking to be confirmed we require part payment in advance. The first ten percent deposit of the accommodation charges for the proposed group booking is required immediately to initiate a confirmed booking status. The deposit is non refundable. The second and full payment of the balance remaining of the total charges for the booking is required to be paid in full no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival date. Payment can be made over the phone, by credit or debit card or by automatic bank transfer.
3. Group types: We also require knowing what sort of group you are and what the purpose of your trip is (e.g.; friends, school reunion, Student visit etc.) We do not accept bookings for Stag or Hen Parties.
4. Behaviour /Damages Deposit: We require a deposit of £20 or £40 per person booked to cover the potential cost of any damage caused by the group or for any complaints or claims from other hostel guests arising as a direct result of the behaviour of the group. This deposit will be refunded to the group on departure subject to an inspection of the fully vacated room(s) booked by the group. We reserve the right to make any further claims against all parties in the group and against the person making the booking in the event of any damages costs being more than any deposits paid or in the event of any future claims arising against The Murray Library Hostel as a direct result of the behaviour of the group.
5. Health and safety: Group leaders will be required to fully comply with our health and safety policy and sign the safety brief upon arrival.
6. Meals: Self-catering facilities are available at the Murray Library Hostel.
7. Coaches: We do not provide parking for Coaches. There is a drop-off area where guests can disembark safely. Coaches must switch off their engine when parked outside the hostel premises. After the complete disembarking of all guests, the coach will then be required to find alternative parking. We are happy to advise on suitable nearby locations for coach parking.
8. Additional Costs: The Murray Library Hostel accepts no responsibility for extra costs incurred by any person, driver or group leader not willing to share room facilities with other drivers, group leaders or persons.
1. Promotional Documents: The Murray Library Hostel exerts all due care and diligence when producing electronic and printed materials on the Hostel facilities and local attractions. However, we reserve the right to revise, update or make obsolete some or all the contents without the obligation to notify any person of such changes. Despite every effort to the contrary, errors, omissions or discrepancies may occur in the preparation of promotional and informational documents (electronic and printed), and the Murray Library Hostel assumes no liability for loss or damages incurred due in part or in whole to such errors. All maps and photographs displayed in The Murray Library Hostel printed and electronic materials are for information purposes only.
3. Circumstances Outwit Our Control: The Murray Library Hostel cannot accept any liability and will not consider payment of compensation where the Hostel booking could not be fulfilled due to circumstances which we or our suppliers could not, even with due care, have foreseen or avoided. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, Act of God, terrorist activities, technical problems with transportation, closures of airports, ports and/or ferries, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control. For other unforeseen internal operational reasons, the Murray Library Hostel may occasionally be forced to change or cancel a booking. In such cases, every effort will be made to contact you in advance, using the contact details supplied at the time of booking or during any subsequent communication. In such cases, no surcharge will be made where customers are required to be relocated to a different Hostel or alternative accommodation.
4. Third Part Liability: Any third party “activity provider” with whom The Murray Library Hostel works on your behalf or whom you work with directly will be covered by their own public liability insurance.
5. Accident or Injury: As far as the law allows, the hostel takes no responsibility for loss to any Customer because of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
6. Insurance: All our premises are covered with standard protection and liability insurances. Customers are not, however, covered by our insurance for personal injury, damage or theft of property whilst in our Hostel, or public transport delays/cancellations. You are advised to ensure that you are covered independently for such events. We recommend personal travel insurance, including cancellation insurance.
7. Law: The contract between the Murray Library hostel and the Customer (guest), and any matters arising from it will be governed by Scottish law. Scottish Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all disputes
8. Individual Booking: Any booking for seven or fewer people is regarded as an individual booking. One person from the party will be responsible for making the booking and arranging payment and this person is regarded as the Lead Person. The Lead Person will be the point of contact for all correspondence and will also be the primary contact with the Hostel during the stay.
1. Guests with Disabilities, Medical Problems or Special Needs: We advise you to notify us at the time of booking, and a minimum of 48 hours in advance if you or any of your party has any disability, medical problem or special needs, which may require specific facilities. We will endeavour to meet your requirements where possible –please check requirements are identified and communicated to the hostel staff. We cannot, however, aid with walking, eating or other personal needs. If you need help, you must take someone with you who can take care of your needs. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that all special needs requirements are identified and communicated to the hostel staff.
2. Equality of Access: The Murray Library Hostel is open to all. No customer will be discriminated against based on race, nationality, gender, age, status, occupation, religion etc. Where an individual’s circumstances may lead to special accommodation or catering requirements, we advise the Customer to notify us at the time of booking, and a minimum of 72 hours in advance so that, subject to availability, appropriate measures can be taken to meet the individual’s needs.
OVERSIGHTS & ERRORS While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information, the Murray Library Hostel does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information. We make every effort to accommodate you in the dormitory size of your choice. However, because of the nature of our business, we may have to place you in a different sized dormitory. As a result, the balance to be paid upon arrival can be slightly different than what is stated on your confirmation.
DISCRETION All bookings are subject to availability and The Murray Library Hostel reserve the right to decline any booking at their sole discretion.
QUERIES: Any queries regarding the terms and conditions contained herein should be in the first instance directed to:
Murray Library Hostel
7 Shore Street
Phone: +44 (0)133 311 123
Reservations Email: firstname.lastname@example.org